Sunday, January 04, 2009

Gingerbread Carrot Cake


I don't recall making a bundt cake before and I will not forget this bundt cake experience as it was somewhat disastrous along the way.  I have long journey ahead of me in bundt cake making before flirting with the perfection of  bundt cake baking.  

The cake was indeed quite tasty, and not disastrous in this sense.  (Mom said it was the best cake she' ever eaten, though she has probably made the same statement about a number of other cakes I have baked) 
When I took the cake out of the oven, I did not know whether to let it sit or invert it and let it fall out onto a rack.  
Well I inverted it, bad decision, and the whole inside of the cake fell out while the top layer remained in the pan. 
Needless to say, the cake was smaller than expected and missing its cover and bundt shaping.  Either I need to prep the pan better, or be more patient with inversion.  I shall explore this further in future bundt attempts.
The cover, still in the pan, became somewhat of a finger food appetizer.  The insides, still intact and circular were given a new cover: peppermint pieces over sprinkled over buttercream frosting (earthbalance, powdered sugar, soymilk and vanilla) 


No comments: