Monday, January 21, 2008

San Francisco: El Balazo

In its myriad of brightness, El Balazo is hard to miss. It's one of the many treasures of Haight street in San Franciso, with its gourmet yet simple menu of authentic mexican food. I
feel lucky to have randomly come upon it when looking for a place to stop for lunch.
El Balazo caters to a plethora of types. I was quite impressed by their selection of tortilla bowls for my vegetarian taco salad. I had the opportunity to choose from spinach, white or whole wheat. They layered it with rice, beans (choice of pinto or black beans), lettuce, sir fried veggies which included zucchini and mushrooms, salsa and guacamole. I was quite satisfied to say the least.


My taco salad was paired with tortilla chips and cabbage salad on the side (both homeade), and equally as delicious.

No comments: