Monday, June 09, 2008

Vegetable Cobbler



I've been wanting to make something like this for quite sometime. I made strawberry peach cobbler yesterday but forgot to take pictures and thought I would try a savory cobbler version for dinner tonight. The recipe can be found here http://www.evitamins.com/healthnotes.asp?ContentID=2782002.

I think it needs a little work spicewise, maybe a little thyme.

I made a few substitutions and it seemed to turn out fine.

Whole what flour --> Spelt Flour

Red Potato--> Baking potato

Kuzu root starch--> Arrowroot powder

Kombu-->Eliminated

I indulged when it came to mushrooms and used shitake. (The clerk at the supermarket did not know her mushrooms and charged me for criminis!)


Overall the preparation for this recipe is a little time consuming but the overall preparation is quite simple!

No comments: