Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mucho Margarita Cupcakes

*modified from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World


1/4 cup lime juice
1 cup soymilk
1/4 cup canola oil
2.5  tablespoons tequila
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/3 cups white flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately
Add wet to dry and mix thoroughly
Fill each cupcake paper 2/3 full
Bake for about 20 minutes

Frosting
I used store bought frosting for these (I know, shame, shame, shame) but I don't exactly have the equipment here to whip up a fluffy batch of frosting.  None the less, I made the frosting my own, adding a little lime juice and about 1 tbl tequila to 1 cup of frosting

Frost cupcakes when cooled and roll in sugar

Baking with tequila and lime is a lot of fun. It adds new kick to baked goods that I had not previously experienced.  This is a great recipe to make if you're looking for something unique and festive.  
This recipes produces cupcakes that are fluffly and delicate with a hint of tequila and lime.



No comments: