Friday, March 21, 2008

A belated Saint Patricks


Did you know Saint Patrick wasn't even Irish....


I'm working on perfecting this mint soft serve recipe to my liking. It began as mint chocolate chip I find chunks of chocolate in my ice cream somewhat unsatisfying. They just don't melt well in your mouth.

I'm trying to find some real mint extract or figure out how to make it as I think it will make this recipe even better.

The Recipe:

3- 1/4 Cups Milk or a combination of Milk and Creamer (not from a cow)

2 Tablespoons Arrowroot Powder

3/4 Cup Sugar

1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

1 -1.5 Teaspoons Mint Extract

Green Food Coloring (optional)

In medium saucepan over high heat combine sugar and 3 cups milk

In a bowl combine arrowroot powder and remaining 1/4 cup milk

Once the milk sugar mixture has come to a boil, remove from heat immediately and stir it arrowroot-milk mixture

Let cool

Once the mixture has cool to at lead room temperature (colder works better) stir in vanilla, mint and green food coloring if desired. (I find that there is a psychological component regarding the greenness of my mint ice cream)

Place in ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions

No comments: